A former school principal, Themba Kojana was appointed acting deputy director-general: teachers, education human resources and institutional development. He continues a BA degree from Vista University and BEd Honours from the University of Free State. His other qualifications include a certificate in Education Leadership Course, certification in Introduction to Economics for Unionists, and a certificate in Adventure Leader course. He was a chief director in the Department of Basic Education, South Africa responsible for mobilization and partnerships in education. In May 2007 he was the director: rural education responsible for developing a comprehensive plan for improving the quality of education in rural areas.
From January 2006 to May 2008 he served as director for school safety and enrichment. During his tenure, Themba Kojana was responsible for coordinating the development of the legislative framework for the operation with the Department of Sport and Recreation and Arts and Culture; coordinating, and developing, the strategy on minimum programs which include professional development programs.-[ Themba Kojana ]
Themba Kojana Bio
|Themba Kojana Twitter||Click Here|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|MEC||Mr. Fundile David Gade (ANC)|
|Head of Department:||Mr. Themba Kojana (Superintendent General)|
|Birth Place||South Africa|
|Home City||South Africa|
|Themba Kojana Net Worth|
|Estimated Net Worth||NA|
Eastern Cape education head Themba Kojana dies of Covid-19
- Eastern Cape education department head Themba Kojana has died of Covid-19.
- Kojana died at a Bloemfontein hospital in the early hours of Thursday morning.
- Eastern Cape Education MEC Fundile Gade said Kojana’s untimely departure will leave a huge gap in the province.
Eastern Cape Education department superintendent general Themba Kojana dies
He died hours after he was admitted to hospital on Wednesday evening, confirmed Eastern Cape Education MEC Fundile Gade.
“We are decorating the storm and we have lost a great administrator who wholeheartedly sanctified his energy to transform the sector. We are literally shattered as the sector and Eastern Cape. This happens at a time the Department of Education in the Eastern Cape had put its hope in his leadership for the development of education for all,” Gade said.
Gade said during his tenure, Kojana led a team of dedicated officials that put the education division in the province in a better situation in terms of education outcomes.
- He said the Department of Education had lost a caliber of a leader who served the benefits of all.
- Gade explained Kojana as a “public servant in the true sense of the word”. He said his untimely departure will leave a huge gap in the province.
- Gade asked members of the public and the media to allow the Kojana family space to grieve in private. Details on the funeral arrangements will be communicated shortly, Gade said.
- A former school principal, Kojana holds a BA degree from Vista University and a BEd Honours from the University of the Free State.
- His other qualifications include a certificate in education leadership and a certificate in a presentation to economics for unionists.