Saina Nehwal Biography – She is India’s first badminton player to win an Olympic medal. The Indian shuttler made history when she won a bronze medal at the London 2012 Games. The Haryana shuttler began her career-long ago when she won the BWF World Junior Championship in the year 2008. The same year she made his first Olympic Games appearance in Beijing, but only in London 2012 did she gain worldwide fame.
Saina Nehwal Wikipedia, Profile, Family, Age
Born on 17 March 1990, Saina Nehwal started playing badminton at the age of eight, when her family moved from Haryana to Hyderabad. Her initiation into the sport was mainly because she did not know the local language very well and wanted to pursue her mother’s dream, herself a state-level badminton player. The Indian shuttler successfully represented India at the 2008 Beijing Olympics at the highest level.
Saina Nehwal Wikipedia – A young Saina Nehwal, on her way to becoming the first Indian woman to reach the final eight of the Olympic quarterfinals, defeated Hong Kong’s then world number five Wang Chen before losing to Maria Kristin Yulianti of Indonesia in the Beijing 2008 quarter-finals.
Saina Nehwal Biography – Major Achievements
Saina Nehwal Biography – Saina Nehwal made her World Championship debut when she was 16 years old in the year 2006, where she was defeated in the 1st round by Jiang Yangjiao. That year, she reached the finals of the World Junior Badminton Championships and finished as runner-up. In 2007, Saina competed in her first All England Badminton Championship and lost in the second round. Later, in July, she lost in the second round of the World Junior Badminton Championships. A year later, she won a gold medal in the Girls’ Singles at the Commonwealth Youth Championships, followed by the World Junior Badminton Championships. Saina represented India at the year 2008 Beijing Olympics and finished her campaign as a quarter-finalist.
Saina Nehwal Bio, Net Worth, Career, Qualification
|Real Name||Saina Nehwal|
|Profession||Sports – Badminton|
|Famous for||Indian Badminton Player|
|Husband Name||Parupalli Kashyap|
|Boyfriend Name||Parupalli Kashyap (Badminton Player)|
|Height||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet inches– 5’ 6”
|Date of Birth||March 17, 1990|
|Birth Place||Hisar, Haryana, India|
|Hometown||Hisar, Haryana, India|
|Father Name||Harvir Singh Nehwal (Scientist)|
|Mother Name||Usha Nehwal|
|Siblings||Abu Chandranshu Nehwal (Elder) Sister|
|Marriage Date||14 December 2018|
|Source Of Income||Sports, politician|
|Food||Aloo Paratha, Kiwi|
|Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan, Mahesh Babu|
|Athlete(s)||Cricketer- Sachin Tendulkar
Tennis Player- Roger Federer
ALSO SEARCH – Maithili Thakur Biography – Wiki, Age
Some Lesser Known Facts About Saina Nehwal Biography
- Saina Nehwal Biography – Saina Nehwal hails from Haryana, but her family shifted to Hyderabad at the age of 5.
- Saina Nehwal’s grandmother was not happy at her birth, As her grandmother wanted a baby boy.
- Nani Prasad Rao gave her Advice to play badminton, she commenced playing badminton at 8-years old. For her training, her father used to take him to Badminton Academy 50 km away on a daily basis.
- Saina did her badminton training at Gopichand Badminton Academy.
- In 2005, Saina Nehwal was picked to play on the Under-19 National Team as well as in the year in 2006 became the Under-19 National Champion.
- Her mother often called her “Steffi Saina;” Since she has been a huge fan of tennis star “Steffi Graf”.
- She is a brown belt in karate.
- In 2012, Sachin Tendulkar gave her a BMW as a gift; After winning a gold medal at the Olympics.
- In the same year, Saina Nehwal released her autobiography Win Playing to Win: My Life on and Off Court.
- In October 2016 year, she was elected as a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Athletes Commission.
- In 2016 and 2017, she suffered injuries, due to which she did not play in many tournaments.
- Saina appeared on the cover of various magazines such as Health Women Health, em Femina, etc.
ALSO SEARCH – Roma Asrani Wiki (Actress) Biography