However, a senior official in the education department, said, “It was a dialogue with Kirori Lal Meena and the students (aspirants). Next meeting will be held at the chief minister’s level along with the chief secretary (D B Gupta). The next meeting will be held in a while. The final call will be taken at the chief minister’s level.”
Meena met chief minister Ashok Gehlot on Monday morning to discuss the issue. Dotasra, who was supposed to visit Udaipur on Monday, had to cancel his trip after Gehlot’s intervention. Earlier, on Sunday night, five aspirants, who had climbed up a tank in Jagatpura to protest against conducting the entrance examination in January next year, withdrew their protest after Gehlot’s appeal.
The students had been demanding to postpone the entrance exam to July-August in view of the upcoming panchayat elections in the state. The government has published an advertisement to fill 5,000 vacancies. However, the aspirants were demanding to fill at least 10,000 posts for school teachers/lecturers at one go, out of the 15,000 vacant posts.
Gehlot on Sunday night had appealed to the students to come down immediately and said, “The doors of the government are always open for dialogue.” He also assured the students that the government may consider recruiting more students in future.
“I am worried about those students who have clambered up the tank and I appeal to them to come down immediately. The government has always been proactive towards the interest of the youth and the unemployed. The doors of the government are always open for a dialogue,” Gehlot tweeted on Sunday evening.
“In the past, we had extended the date twice for this examination considering the demand of the candidates. The government may consider recruiting more students in future,” Gehlot had said.