There are many insurance companies in India that provide different types of policies to people at different premiums. But due to the high premium amount of these insurance companies, many poor family people are unable to get their insurance done. For this reason, the Prime Minister of India has implemented the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana 2020. Under this scheme, the person is provided a sum of Rs 2 lakhs by the government at an annual premium amount of Rs 12. Read this article carefully to get more information about Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana 2020.
Prime Minister Suraksha Bima Yojana 2020 – Introduction
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) 2020 is the cheapest accident insurance policy launched by the government, which was announced by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in its annual budget 2015-16 on 28 February 2015. Under this scheme, the policyholder will have to pay a premium of Rs 1 per month, for which he will be given a sum of Rs 2 lakh for death and full disability and Rs 1 lakh for partial disability.
प्रधानमंत्री सुरक्षा बीमा योजना (PMSBY) 2020 सरकार द्वारा शुरू की गई सबसे सस्ती दुर्घटना बीमा पॉलिसी है, जिसकी घोषणा वित्त मंत्री अरुण जेटली ने 28 फरवरी 2015 को अपने वार्षिक बजट 2015-16 में की थी। इस योजना के तहत, पॉलिसीधारक को भुगतान करना होगा 1 रुपये प्रति माह का प्रीमियम, जिसके लिए उन्हें मृत्यु पर 2 लाख रुपये और पूर्ण विकलांगता और आंशिक विकलांगता पर 1 लाख रुपये की राशि दी जाएगी।
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana 2020
- Suraksha Bima Yojana has been considered the cheapest insurance policy ever.
- Under this scheme, the insured will be given an accident sum of 2 lakh rupees and in case of partial disability, a sum of 1 lakh rupees will be provided.
- The premium charged through this scheme will be deducted directly from the beneficiary’s bank account so that the beneficiary will not have to worry about paying the premium.
- The scheme is tax-free under Income Tax Section 80C and 2% TDS will be deducted from the income if the beneficiary is given Rs 1 lakh under the insurance policy and the beneficiary does not submit Form 15G or Form 15H.
- The insurance amount given under this scheme will be given by the Public Welfare Fund.
Eligibility for Suraksha Bima Yojana 2020
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- To apply for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, the age of the applicant should be between 18 to 70 years.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to have an Aadhaar card which is linked to his savings account.
- If an applicant has more than one savings account, then he can join this scheme through an anyone savings account.
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) 2020 – Coverage
The time period of this scheme has been kept for 1 year, after which it can be renewed every year by the applicant. The premium of 12 rupees to be deducted under this scheme will be deducted from the account holder’s savings bank account every year on or before June 1.
|On Death||Rs. 2 Lakh|
|Total loss of both eyes or part damage, Inability to do leg work or lose sight of an eye, And being unable to work one leg or one leg
|Rs. 2 Lakh|
|Complete or partial loss of sight of one eye or inability to work one arm or one leg.||Rs. 1 Lakh|
How to apply for the PMSBY 2020?
The applicant can download the application form from the official site of the Financial Services Department. The process for downloading the application form are mentioned below:-
- Visit the official site jansuraksha.gov.in
- Click on the Forms Menu.
- Then the applicant needs to click on the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana option.
- Click on the Application Form option.
- Now applicant can download the application form in 9 Languages.
- Click on the language in which you want to download the application form.
- Fill the entire details and attach all the required documents.
- Submit the application form in your bank account.