Sampoorna Grameen Jawahar Rozgar Yojana; National Rural Employment Program (NREP) and Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme (RLEGP) launched Jawahar Rozgar Yojana on April 1st,1989. it is the largest National Employment Program of India (NEPI) at the time when 90-100 days Employment per person in backward districts.
The main aim of the Jawahar Rozgarr yojana is to target the BPL public in India.
This Yojna is launched for rural development and aims to cover every village through Panchayati Raj Institutions.
Recently The finance minister announced JRY Scheme 2020 for the backward class and for the BPL category line. now this scheme is known as Jawaharlal Nehru Rozgar Yojna. it also started that National Rural Employment Program and Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme would be merged into one program and implemented this scheme with the sharing of 80:20 between the center and the states. Now its called JRY.
Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojna (SGRY)
National Rural Employment Program (NREP) and Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme (RLEGP) launched a scheme named Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojna (SGRY), and the scheme has been merged since 2006. The main objective of Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojna to provide food and education to them.
Sampoorna Grameen Jawahar Rozgar Yojana 2020
The Panchayati Raj Institutions were given the responsibility of one program and implemented this JRY scheme. The funds for this project with the sharing of 80% (Central Goverment) and 20% (State Government).The finance minister announced JRY Scheme 2020 for the backward class and for the BPL category line and provide budget year for this scheme.
This scheme has a five-year plan – under beneficiaries/families IRDP (Integrated Rural Development Program), SGSY (Swaranjayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana ), JRY (Jawahar Rozgar Yojana), JGSY(Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana), EAS(Employment Assurance Scheme)
Benefits of Jawahar Rozgar Yojana (JRY) Scheme
- BPL (Below Poverty Line) category is helpful for targeting.
- This scheme is beneficial for SC and ST categories.
- 30% of the beneficiaries for women are women.
- This scheme has a five-year plan – this scheme is under the beneficiaries/families.
- In this scheme, there is a working employment program for the youth.
- This scheme has been started for rural development.
- It is India’s largest National Employment Program (NEPI) to be implemented by the Central Government.
Also Read (Sampoorna Grameen Yojana)
First Stream: The first stream got 75% of the total allocation under JRY and also two sub-schemes Indira Awas Yojna and Million Wells Scheme. In Indira Awas Yojna scheme allocation increased 8-10% or in Million Wells Scheme allocation increased from 20-30%.
Second Stream: The second stream also called intensified JRY and was implemented for 120 backward districts and for BPL categories and allocation increased from 20%.
Third Stream: This is the last stream of JRY and allocation increased from 5% for the Innovative programs. Like labor migration, proofing watershed programs are there.
Jawahar Rojgar Yojna Main Objectives
- To generate additional programs for unemployment youth.
- The main aim of Jawahar Rozgar Yojna is to target BPL public in India.
- It is the largest National Employment Program of India (NEPI) at the time when 90-100 days Employment per person in backward districts.
- To target BPL (below poverty line) category.
- Helpful for SC & ST Category.
- Helpful for women (30% of beneficiaries are women.)
- Addition employment program for youth.
- This scheme has a five-year plan – under beneficiaries/families.
- This Yojna is launched for rural development.
- It is the largest National Employment Program of India (NEPI)
Also Read :