Alcohol and ketamine were mixed in the body of a student who died shortly after arriving at the university. The 18-year-old Jeni Larmour, planning to study urban planning and architecture at Newcastle University, died on 3 October 2020.
In Newtownhamilton, County Armagh, she served as deputy head girl at the Royal School Armagh. Pathologist Dr Nigel Cooper told Newcastle Coroner’s Court her death was caused by alcohol consumption, along with signs of other substances.
A toxicology report revealed she was moderately intoxicated, with a blood alcohol level of 197mg per 100ml, over two-and-a-half times the legal limit (80mg).
Jeni Larmour Cause Of Death:
In Newtownhamilton, Northern Ireland, 18-year-old Jeni Larmour was found dead. She died as a result of a drug overdose. According to pathologist Dr Nigel Cooper, it was believed that she had been drinking alcohol and taking other substances on the evening of her death.
According to Newcastle Coroner’s Court today, her mother dropped her off only hours before a student discovered her ‘stiff’ the previous night.
How did Jeni Larmour die?
Her blood contained 1.3mg of ketamine per liter, a level below what would usually be fatal. She collapsed at her student accommodation on Richardson Road the night of her death. Ketamine can cause death ‘pretty quickly, he added, making it difficult to pinpoint when Jeni died.
It appears the paramedics were convinced she was dead, and if they detected any signs of life, they would usually attempt resuscitation,’ he said.
NEWS | Newcastle University student from Northern Ireland Jeni Larmour died from effects of alcohol and ketamine inquest toldhttps://t.co/ZksTWVjPiO
— Belfast News Letter (@News_Letter) October 11, 2022
She had hypostatic discolouration when she was found dead at around 5 am. According to Sandra Larmour, Jeni was an exceptional student, gifted singer and warm-hearted person.
Read More: Who is Martine McCutcheon? Martine McCutcheon’s tragic heartbreak on his brother’s death