Being GATE an online exam, candidates have to wait for the official question papers and answer key to be released from IIT Delhi. So, here is complete weightage analysis of GATE CE 2020 analysis for Forenoon session which will help them to understand about the level and types of questions asked in the exam.
Highlights of GATE 2020 CE Session 1
• The overall level of the exam was Easy to Moderate.
• There were 25+ NAT questions included in the paper.
• General Aptitude & Engineering Mathematics section were easy and candidates must score good marks in it.
• Geotech Engineering carried 15 marks and Environmental Engineering carried 14 marks and were the subjects with highest marks weightage.
• The exam was easy in comparison to the GATE 2019 CE exam.
GATE CS Detailed Analysis 2020
|General Aptitude||10 (5+5)||15|
|Engineering Mathematics||8 (4+4)||12|
|Geotech Engineering||8 (1+7)||15|
|Environmental Engineering||8 (2+6)||14|
|Fluid Mechanics||7 (5+2)||9|
|Structural Analysis||4 (2+2)||6|
|Strength of Materials||4 (2+2)||6|
|Steel Structure||1 (0+1)||2|
|Irrigation & Hydrology||2 (2+0)||2|
|Building Material||2 (2+0)||2|
|Transportation Engineering||6 (4+2)||8|
For further details, you can go through the GATE Civil Paper Analysis 2020 here. Also, note that the above shared analysis is completely based on the feedback shared by aspirants on Gradeup.
The article is written by Mr. MN Ramesh, VP – Academics ESE & GATE.
Vijendra Choudhary is the Author & Co-Founder of the Arealnews.com. He has also completed his BCA & MCA in Computer Engineering from RTU Rajasthan. He is passionate about Blogging & Digital Marketing. He has 5+ years of experience in Digital Marketing.